Job Title: Human Resources Director Snow Mountain Ranch Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 08/2021
Reports to: Vice President of Human Resources
Leadership Level: Multi-Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The HR Director is primarily responsible for ensuring leading and directing all Snow Mountain Ranch specific HR functions including employee relations, onboarding, discipline, investigations and terminations, staff housing, staff utilization and employee safety and wellness.
Salary Range: $63,000/year-$70,000/year
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Determine and implement practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement and morale.
* Partner with Association leadership to develop, communicate and enforce Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
* Work within and across centers to determine the necessary utilization of staff to ensure departments are appropriately staffed to meet the business needs.
* Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition and interaction with employees.
* Hire, train, supervise and evaluate a competent HR staff consisting of two year-round team members and additional seasonal staff.
* Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
* Guide, monitor and support managers and supervisors with the Association disciplinary system and expectations, up to and including terminations.
* Communicate regularly with the SMR General Manager on all issues related to employees and human resources.
* Work with managers to develop timely, accurate and relevant job descriptions.
* Ensure that seasonal staff housing facilities are welcoming, safe and clean and that all staff are complying with Association housing policies.
* Operate within an approved budget. Develop and propose budgets for future operations and HR-related capital projects.
* Support Association and EPC Human Resources team members as appropriate.
* Ensure that accurate, complete and organized personnel records are maintained for all employees.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
* Active and supportive member of the SMR management team.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Minimum of five years of human resources experience, with a minimum of three years of demonstrated supervisory/management experience.
* Oversee and facilitate the orientation process for new employees
* Possess a strong working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to employment practices and employer responsibilities.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to move independently through all departments, work areas and on-site housing
* Must be able to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend
* Must be able to stand for periods in excess of two hours
* Must be able to function in loud and hectic environments
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.