Human Resources Intern - Seasonal Immediate Hire (Room & Board included)
Position Summary: The Human Resources intern will work with each full time employee in the office to learn the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, off boarding, disciplinary actions, smart plans and any other functions of the human resources office.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must have some college coursework completed.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of computers for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to operate office equipment: e.g. phones, copier, keyboard, and fax machine.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as hours will vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Perform basic office functions such as answering telephones, recording invoices, typing correspondence, data entry, operating a computer, making copies, filing, interviewing, collecting references and assembling employee files.
- Most work will be in an office setting, however, climbing stairs will be necessary.
- Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
- Responsibly handle confidential information.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist other Human Resources staff with daily operations and on-going projects.
- Maintain an orderly and professional work area on a daily basis.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and teaching/training skills.
- Assist with interviews, reference calling, and other hiring tasks.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Program and Gap Programs.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standard
This is a full-time, $6.50/hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Job Status: Internship