Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Status: Seasonal Non-Exempt Revision Date: 07/2020
Reports to: Association Hiring and Onboarding Manager
The Human Resources intern will work with each full time employee in the office to learn the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, off boarding, disciplinary actions, smart plans and any other functions of the human resources office.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Basic knowledge of computers for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Ability to operate office equipment: e.g. phones, copier, keyboard, and fax machine.
* Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
* Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as hours will vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Perform basic office functions such as answering telephones, recording invoices, typing correspondence, data entry, operating a computer, making copies, filing, and assembling employee files.
* Most work will be in an office setting, however, climbing stairs will be necessary.
* Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
* Responsibly handle confidential information.
* Assist other Human Resources staff with daily operations and on-going projects.
* Maintain an orderly and professional work area on a daily basis.
* Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
* Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette.
* Good interpersonal and leadership skills and teaching/training skills.
* Assist with interviews, reference calling, and other hiring tasks.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.