Human Resources Office Assistant - Part-Time
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Human Resources Office Assistant
Job Title: Human Resources Office Assistant Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Part Time Reports to: Assistant Human Resources Director
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Human Resources Office Assistant provides information, assistance and knowledge to ensure all Human Resources support services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
HR Office Assistant Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Prefer 1-year previous experience in administrative related work
* Be able to performs various routine clerical duties
* Experience working with computers and computer programs
* Be able to work for long periods of time on a computer
* Have accurate and proficient typing and computer data entry skills
* Possess good customer service skills; must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Be able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment
* Be a quick learner and be able to handle multiple tasks
* Be highly organized and complete tasks in a timely and efficient basis
* Be detail-oriented and accurate in all work
* Work independently, be responsible and self-motivated
* Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
* Communicate clearly, visually and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
* Be able to pass criminal background check
* Be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Be able to utilize standard office equipment such as computer, fax machine, copy machine, telephone
* Be able to file accurately
* Assist in screening and responding to incoming phone calls. Help callers with queries
* Assist and screen with incoming staff and/or guests coming into the Human Resources Office
* Mail/email information requests; and assist with General HR email account
* Process and ensure timely processing of background checks and motor vehicle reports
* Process and ensure timely processing of government regulatory checks such as fingerprints, FBI and TRAILS BIU.
* Process and ensure timely processing of employment verifications.
* Process and ensure timely processing of orientation reports and updates.
* Assist in keeping all personnel files up to date and in compliance
* Ensure cleanliness and safety of the Human Resources Office.
* Assist with administrative tasks as assigned and needed.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Part Time