Human Resources Office Assistant - Seasonal, Starting Fall 2018 - (Room & Board Included)
DATES: This position will start in Fall, 2018.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resource Assistant provides information, assistance and knowledge to ensure all Human Resources support services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
- Prefer 1 year previous experience in Administration
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work for long periods of time on a computer
- Must have accurate and proficient typing and computer data entry skills
- Must possess good customer service skills; must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Must be able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment
- Must be a quick learner and be able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be highly organized and complete tasks in a timely and efficient basis
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in all work
- Must work independently, is responsible and self-motivated
- Must have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- Must communicate clearly visually and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Screen applicants and check references as needed
- Work with the Human Resources Director and department managers to schedule interviews, and provide any other assistance necessary to the hiring function
- Input all new hires into HR Office
- Screen all incoming phone calls. Help callers with queries
- Screen and assist people coming into the Human Resources Office
- Maintain application files
- Mail/email applications and information requests
- Mail/email work agreements to seasonal staff along with all other pertinent information related to the hiring process
- Type correspondence, memos and documents
- Maintain Human Resources computer data base and files
- Maintain accurate statistics for hiring
- Process name badges, ensure expired ones are renewed
- Provide any needed assistance to the Human Resource staff, department managers, employees and guests to ensure a smooth operation
- Prepare reports as needed in relationship to the job function and/or by request of supervisor or other management staff
- Assist staff with complimentary room reservations
- Prepare incoming packets and files for new staff
- Help explain all new hire paperwork to staff
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Note: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week and including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- Discount nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks and discounts
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, coaches, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST be received. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Human Resources Office Assistant - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal