Job Title: Human Resources - Volunteer - Association Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: March, 2021
Reports to: Human Resources Volunteer Manager
The Volunteer Human Resource Office Assistant provides information, assistance and knowledge to ensure all Human Resources support services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional, confidential and ethical manner.
Position Available at Estes Park Center Only. Required Start Date - March/April 2021
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Prefer 1 year previous experience in Administration
* Have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Be able to work for long periods of time on a computer
* Have accurate and proficient typing and computer data entry skills
* Possess good customer service skills; must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* Be able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment
* Be a quick learner and be able to handle multiple tasks
* Be highly organized and complete tasks in a timely and efficient basis
* Be detail-oriented and accurate in all work
* Be able to work independently; be responsible and self-motivated
* Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
* Communicate clearly, visually, and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
* Be able to pass criminal background check
* Must lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Screen applicants and check references as needed
* Work with the Human Resources Director and department managers to schedule interviews, and provide any other assistance necessary to the hiring function
* Input all new hires into HR Office
* Outstanding telephone etiquette; screen all incoming phone calls. Help callers with queries
* Screen and assist people coming into the Human Resources Office
* Maintain application files
* Mail/email applications and information requests
* Mail/email work agreements to seasonal staff along with all other pertinent information related to the hiring process
* Type correspondence, memos and documents
* Maintain Human Resources computer data base and files
* Maintain accurate statistics for hiring
* Process name badges, ensure expired ones are renewed
* Provide any needed assistance to the Human Resource staff, department managers, employees and guests to ensure a smooth operation
* Prepare reports as needed in relationship to the job function and/or by request of supervisor or other management staff
* Assist staff with complimentary room reservations
* Prepare incoming packets and files for new staff
* Help explain all new hire paperwork to staff
* Help in mailroom if needed
* All other duties as assigned
* Must have a valid driver’s license as travel on and off campus may be required
* As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.