Human Resources - Volunteer
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Provide 3 references (2 professional references & 1 family reference)
- Please be aware that YMCA of the Rockies qualifies a professional reference as an individual who has known you in a supervisory capacity. This includes a current or previous supervisor or manager, a teacher, a pastor, or a coach to name the most common examples. We do not accept friends or coworkers as valid professional references. If you have questions or concerns on the most appropriate employment reference to nominate please call us to discuss.
- A family reference is an individual that is a parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin to name the most common examples. We do not accept friends as a valid family reference.
Human Resources Volunteer Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to perform administrative skills including filing, data entry, generating reports, etc.
- Possess organizational skills and detailed-oriented
- Work with computers, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English to communicate clearly with guests and staff
- Answers phone calls, and walk-ins enquiries
- Enforcing EPC policies with all age groups
- Maintaining communication with staff and all departments
- Be able to work well with frequent interruptions and unexpected situations in a busy office environment
- Assisting with HR Department’s division as needed in department activities.
- Carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs as well as walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently, and walk around staff housing regularly
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Have a valid US Driver’s License and at least 3 years driving experience
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Internship, Volunteer