Infant Nursery Supervisor - Year Round
The Bennett Infant Nursery Supervisor is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in providing care for children 6 weeks to 1.5 years.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Responsible for implementing curriculum to kids ages 6 weeks to 18 months.
- Responsible for creating lesson plans and an environment that is driven by the interests of the children.
- Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues for children in his/her care.
- Uphold Policies and Procedures as it relates to childcare licensing, YMCA policies, and ACA guidelines.
- Must attend required trainings and meetings.
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned.
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned.
- Must be a licensed nurse, with at least 6-12 months experience in the care of infants, or hold a certificate in infant toddler care from an accredited university with a minimum of 30 semester hours in the development and care of infants and toddlers in a group setting. May also qualify if meets requirements of an early childhood teacher and has at least 2 years experience with infants and toddlers.
- Must meet State of Colorado qualifications for a group leader of a child care center.
- Must be able to work effectively with other team members and communicate to resolve issues
- Must regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four feet
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must enjoy working with kids.
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
Please visit this website to make sure you meet childcare licensing requirements for infant care.