Intern - Food Service
This internship is geared towards undergraduate students that are eager to learn about food & beverage operations, menu strategy, health & safety protocols, and cooking skills. Culinary Interns will be working side-by-side our experienced chefs, as well as peers from all over the world, learning the skills to position themselves for a career in the food & beverage industry. The mentoring opportunities and scenic atmosphere make YMCA of the Rockies the best place for those with a culinary passion and thirst for adventure. This internship is also open to those taking gap years or those in the workforce.
Start your journey with us and see what’s possible with a job at YMCA of the Rockies!
- Expand current cooking and managerial skills
- Build a mentoring relationship with one of our chefs
- Manage and assist in preparing food in large quantities in an efficient and consistent manner
- Food & beverage inventory and tracking
- Train and work back of house positions to gain hands-on experience and understanding of all operations
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Vacuum carpets, sweep, and mop floors
- Opportunity for growth within YMCA of the Rockies; year-round or seasonal position
- Maintain sanitary work environment that exceeds the state health standard
- Work with a variety of cleaning products
- Stamina to mostly stand during an 8-hour shift
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position.