Intern - Human Resources (Hiring)
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and a residential camp, serving more 225,000 people annually. The Human Resources Hiring Office Assistant will screen applicants, conduct interviews, hire staff, initiate/review references, background checks, and onboarding paperwork.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Basic knowledge of computers for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to operate office equipment: e.g. phones, copier, and keyboard.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Perform basic office functions such as answering the phone, monitoring the Human Resources Inbox and voicemail throughout each day.
- Must be able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment.
- Responsibly handle confidential information.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment.
- Must be highly organized and complete tasks in a timely and efficient basis.
- Assist other Human Resources staff with daily operations and on-going projects.
- Maintain an orderly and professional work area on a daily basis.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and teaching/training skills.
- Assist with interviews, reference calling, sending/reviewing background checks, and other hiring tasks.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
- Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.