Janitor - Seasonal, Starting August - (Room & Board Provided!)
The Janitor is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Delivery of Guest Amenities
- Clean lobbies and public areas
- Clean indoor and outdoor entryways
- Clean carpets and hard surface flooring with truck mount
- Work on a crew with 3-5 co-workers
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ensure all Janitorial areas are cleaned before leaving at the end of the day
- Assist with Housekeeper or Laundry Attendant functions as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other departments and/or our other center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Support the association safety program
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and facility)
- 20% discount at our General Store, Rustic Caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who knows you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked for YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the last three years, references are not required.
ABOUT YMCA OF THE ROCKIES
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of the Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. JOIN US!
Please call our HR office at 970.586.3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Janitor - Seasonal - (Room & Board Provided!)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal