Staff in this position are tasked with keeping a close eye on our public areas to ensure our guests have a positive impression of our facilities.
We realize cleaning isn’t glamorous, but this position is a great fit for individuals who work well independently and enjoy being part of a small but dedicated team. Rotating evening shifts and 40-hour work weeks make it possible to get in lots of snowboarding and skiing during the winter and hiking/biking in the summer!
General duties include cleaning and restocking all public common areas and public restrooms. Other responsibilities include keeping our Chapel looking great, making guest service deliveries, carpet cleaning, and responding to after-hours housekeeping service requests.
- Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude towards co-workers and guests.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license with 1 year of licensed experience.
- Clean public lobbies and public restrooms
- Clean and restock coffee stations.
- Clean lodge lobbies, hallways, and stairwells.
- Clean lodge entry ways.
- Deep clean lobbies and public restrooms and the above areas as needed to meet supervisor’s standards.
- Complete guest service deliveries.
- Pack N Plays, roll aways, replacement keys, etc.
- Work on a crew with approximately three co-workers.
- Efficiently clean assigned areas by completing the following tasks:
- vacuum and dust
- wash windows
- clean toilets and sinks; occasionally showers and/or tubs
- empty trash
- sweep and mop floors
- spot clean carpet and/or furniture, etc. in hallways and lobbies
- tend to any additional needs.
- Work an 8-hour shift between 6am and 10pm. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime.
- Correctly use various types of cleaning chemicals.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Operate upright vacuums, carpet extractors (training provided,) and steam cleaner (training provided.)
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with crew and supervisor
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Report maintenance problems to the maintenance department in a timely manner
- Advise Conference Services of any group issues in a timely manner
- Occasionally Housekeeping lodge and cabin turnovers require an all-hand-on-deck approach, especially during our shoulder seasons. Must be willing to pitch in with general Housekeeping duties on days when extra help is crucial to meeting check-in time goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
In addition to the grooming standards outlined in the seasonal staff handbook, the following applies to the Janitorial Crew:
Three shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be provided to each seasonal employee to wear while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. You must provide your own black or khaki pants; shorts are not allowed. Only closed-toe shoes or boots are accepted. Post earrings are allowed, but hoops and dangles are not.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $240 a week(based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.