Preschool TeacherEstes Park Center – Estes Park, CO
Salary Range: $21.00 - $23.00
The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using nature-based curriculum.
Located on the property of YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center, the Bennett Preschool is a nature-based preschool for community members of the Estes Valley in Colorado. The philosophy of the Beverly K. Booe Early Childhood Education Program located in the Bennett Building at YMCA of the Rockies is guided by our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
The YMCA of the Rockies is dedicated to giving people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities the opportunity to reach their full potential. At the Beverly K. Booe Early Childhood Education Program, we provide a student-centered environment that is equipped with outdoor opportunities and materials that will enhance each individual’s curiosity, empathy and development. Using play-based education, each teacher will act as a facilitator as they work alongside young explorers providing opportunities to take risks, encourage independence and use redirection through positive reinforcement. This is a safe environment where each explorer will be welcomed with open arms and where we believe conversations of empathy, care, love, respect and consent start early.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Responsible for implementing preschool curriculum to kids ages 2.5-5.
- Responsible for creating lesson plans and an environment that is driven by the interests of the children.
- Observe children's development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues for children in his/her care.
- Uphold Policies and Procedures as it relates to childcare licensing, YMCA policies, and ACA guidelines.
- Must attend required trainings and meetings.
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned.
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned.
- Must possess Early Childhood Education Degree or combined coursework in ECE plus documented hours in childcare, ranging from 910 hours to 3640 hours, depending on level of coursework completed.
- Must meet State of Colorado qualifications for a group leader of a child care center.
- Must be able to work effectively with other team members and communicate to resolve issues
- Must regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four feet
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must enjoy working with kids.
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs