Housekeeping DirectorEstes Park Center – Estes Park, CO
Salary Range: $64,000.00 - $76,000.00
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 for Estes Park Center annually. The Housekeeping Director is primarily responsible for the cleanliness of cabins, lodges, public areas as well as oversight of the industrial laundry. The Housekeeping Director will work closely with related departments to ensure maximum guest satisfaction as well as operational efficiencies.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate the Housekeeping management team of four year-round staff members.
- Effective purchasing skills to allow for economical and efficient acquisition of supplies and equipment
- Strong organizational skills to plan and prioritize daily, weekly and seasonal workloads. Ability and skill to utilize the YMCA’s property management system (Maestro) in daily planning
- Ability to lead and inspire motivation from a staff of 150+ employees (in peak season)
- Ability to adhere to an approved budget and to propose and develop future budgets for operations and capital projects.
- Awareness of – and ability to implement – housekeeping best practices in all aspects of our operations
- Physical ability to inspect all YMCA facilities that require cleaning by the Housekeeping Department
- Be an active and supportive member of the Estes Park Center management team
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of 4 feet.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Demonstrated managerial skills with at least five years’ experience with housekeeping & laundry functions at a large hotel or resort.
- Provide other Estes Park Center departments with accurate and concise updates regarding daily housekeeping operations and identified challenges.
- Support the Estes Park Center cabin donor program by ensuring the cleanliness of all cabins in advance of donor arrival.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand for periods in excess of two hours
- Must be able to function in loud and hectic environments
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here