Buildings & Grounds SuperintendentSnow Mountain Ranch – Granby, CO
Salary Range: $73,466.00 - $87,241.00
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential camp, serving more than 50,000 guests) annually. The Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds is primarily responsible for the project management of ongoing maintenance, upkeep and repair of all cabins, lodges, support facilities, equipment, vehicles, landscaping, and roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for management of the snow removal program, residential and day camp maintenance, onsite water and waste water treatment, and Nordic and hiking/biking trails.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. YMCA of the Rockies staff are key players in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact on our breathtaking properties outside Rocky Mountain National Park. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. The work each staff member does matters. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and ensure productivity and efficiency of a year-round staff of at least seven.
- Develop, propose and ensure adherence to budgets for all maintenance operations and some capital projects.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Provide oversight to work order system to ensure timely, costly and prioritized response to maintenance issues.
- Communicate changes in building/accommodation status to the appropriate internal audience.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and inspection requirements for buildings, systems, vehicles and grounds maintenance.
- Oversee water and sewer treatment compliance at our onsite water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Ensure quality of maintenance related areas by showing increases in scores on NPS survey relating to building and grounds areas.
- Keep the General Manager informed of all on-going projects and any concerns related to facilities and grounds.
- Respond and resolve all guest and staff complaints related to maintenance in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain a positive relationship with donors, guests, vendors and others.
- Participate as an active and supportive member of the Snow Mountain Ranch Department Head Team.
- Respond in a timely manner to unplanned maintenance/repair requests from guests and staff.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Formal training and/or familiarity with some or all of the following crafts: carpentry, electrical, vehicle maintenance, HVAC, plumbing and landscaping.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in facility, grounds and/or utility management.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
- Liaise with and support the Buildings & Grounds, Land Use Committee.
- Oversee security program for the center.
- As needed, serve as the on-call person for problems and emergencies.
- Possess or the ability to earn YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification within five (5) years.
- Ability to act, problem solve, and communicate during times of crisis with the support of the YMCA of the Rockies incident command team.
- Assist other departments within YMCA of the Rockies as available.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Display sound judgement in decision making.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Attend required abuse risk management training and report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism is required.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work in varied weather conditions and across uneven terrain.
- Periods of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, and sitting at a desk on a computer or phone.
- Must be able to move independently through all center facilities and on all types of terrain on 5,100-acre campus.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to a height of 4 feet.
- Noise level of normal maintenance environment.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Private housing available
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here