Buildings and Grounds Office ManagerSnow Mountain Ranch – Granby, CO
Salary Range: $19.23 - $21.15
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential camp, serving more than 50,000 guests) annually. The Buildings & Grounds Office Manager is primarily responsible for customer service, inventory, ordering, and invoicing.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. YMCA of the Rockies staff are key players in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact on our breathtaking properties outside Rocky Mountain National Park. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. The work each staff member does matters. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to handle invoices, check for accuracy, and ensure prompt payment.
- Excellent customer service skills in-person and through electronic means (phones, Microsoft Teams, two-way radios, etc.).
- Coordinate all aspects of inventory and supplies; ordering, price comparisons, vendor relationships, paying invoices.
- Possess good computer experience and ability to learn new software.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Develop and monitor tool and supply check-out system.
- Communicate current and upcoming projects with the Buildings & Grounds staff and other departments as necessary.
- Receive, document and distribute incoming packages.
- Assist in planning of maintenance operations and ensuring that needed facilities are taken off-market and returned to rentable status in the computer system.
- Administer information to all Buildings & Grounds personnel, including but not limited to phone messages, emails, mail, announcements, meetings, etc.
- Assist Buildings and Grounds Department in areas of general maintenance as needed.
- Update daily logs for systems.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Attend required abuse risk management training and report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism is required.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for a substantial period of time during a work shift, while still being able to bend, stoop, and walk for long periods of time.
- Some physical work required with substantial lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
- Noise level is comparable to a busy office environment.
- Able to work in varied weather conditions and move across varied terrain.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here