Assistant Program DirectorSnow Mountain Ranch – Granby, CO
Salary Range: $52,000.00 - $66,000.00
With an emphasis on youth and family programs, the Associate Program Director develops, coordinates, supervises and administers several Program Department components, including Family Programs, Special Events, the Craft Shop, Recreational Activities such as archery, summer and winter tubing hills, ice skating, the Kiva Recreation Center, the Programs Desk and the Library.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. YMCA of the Rockies staff are key players in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact on our breathtaking properties outside Rocky Mountain National Park. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. The work each staff member does matters. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Outstanding organizational, managerial, supervisory & program development skills.
- Train, schedule, supervise and evaluate staff and volunteers.
- Supervise all Craft shop, Recreation, Library, Fishing Shop functions and family programming activities for all ages
- Oversee internal marketing of programs (Activity Guide, TV Displays, etc.)
- Assist in the functions of the Program Desk
- Coordinate Program activities with other related YMCA of the Rockies departments.
- Communicate with groups in a professional and timely manner to schedule private activities.
- maintain inventory for Craft Shop and Recreation areas.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for programs in areas of accountability, including billing.
- Direct all aspects of the Program Department in the absence of the Program Director.
- Possess and maintain current certifications in First Aid, CPR and AED administration.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier) and proficiency with a variety of computer programs: Excel, Word, etc.
- Develop and implement purchasing plan and
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- A bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management or a related field.
- Three years minimum experience in structured recreation or family program areas.
- Be a willing, active and enthusiastic participant in YMCA of the Rockies functions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in working with staff, volunteers, parents, youth, co-workers and guests.
- Enthusiasm for continued program development and guest offerings through one’s areas of responsibility.
- All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Attend required abuse risk management training and report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism is required.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job involves being able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather and participating in all of our recreational activities.
- Ability to work in the outdoors in extreme conditions such as cold, ice, snow and wind
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here