OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Serve as coordinator for weddings and special events.
- Ensure clean food service facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA
- Liaison between various departments needed to implement weddings and special events
- Manage every detail of events including set ups and working closely with conference services to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Food Service Director.
- Executive Chef will possess skills to cover all front and back of house operations in the absence of Food Service Director
- Manage Sous Chef and Grill Manager and ensure they are meeting performance and safety/health expectations
- Effectively coordinate with the Food Service Director to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Conduct pre- and post-event meetings to ensure quality guest experience.
- Culinary degree preferred, plus minimum two years’ experience in a la carte or buffet dining presentations and volume food or institutional food service operations.
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, and acceptable driving record
- ServSafe Certification
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English. Bi-lingual is preferred
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 8,000 meals per day during peak seasons
- Menu planning and development of new and creative menu concepts.
- Operate within developed Food and Labor Budgets
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, morale is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of food service equipment, including, but not limited to, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, etc.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36-inch high tables
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs