We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Minimum 3 years of lifeguard and pool supervisory experience.
- Possess and maintain current Lifeguard and WSI certifications.
- Possess and maintain current instructor certifications for Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED and Oxygen Administration.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator qualification.
- Possess organizational, managerial skills, and supervisory skills.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, supervise and evaluate a seasonal staff of lifeguards and a head lifeguard.
- Provide training and certification opportunities for staff, guests and the Snow Mountain Ranch Community.
- Plan, develop, and implement aquatic programs centered toward the whole family on a year-round basis.
- Plan, develop, and implement swim lessons and trainings for the Snow Mountain Ranch community.
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule programs for groups and special events as needed.
- Maintain overall care of pool facility and equipment.
- Work closely with Buildings and Grounds to maintain safety of the pool.
- Maintain adequate inventory of equipment and repair equipment as necessary.
- Develop and maintain budget for the pool.
- Maintain detailed records of programs and attendance.
- Ability to move throughout all Program buildings and outdoors over uneven terrain.
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Fluent in speaking English and ability to communicate visually and orally.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation or a related field is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings expected
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs