POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 annually. The Catering Manager is primarily responsible day to day operations of the catering depart that operates within the Food Service Dept.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Serves as coordinator for weddings and special events.
- Liaison between various departments needed to implement weddings and special events.
- Collaborate with Conference/Wedding Coordinator during and following event booking process, and assist in booking weddings and special events when necessary.
- Provide guidance to event leaders.
- Manage every detail of events and set up to meet guest expectations.
- Work with Banquet Captain as needed to train banquet staff in proper etiquette, policies, procedures and event venue set up and service.
- Coordinate with Chaplains to schedule the use of Estes Park Centers indoor and outdoor chapels.
- Have access to and knowledge of AV inventory and coordinate needs with AV Techs.
- Develop and keep updated detailed shopping guide to local vendors; such as cakes, florists, DJs, party rentals, etc., and provide shopping guide to event leaders.
- Develop standardized floor plans to give guest a clear understanding of the facilities layout.
- Attend relevant bridal shows, in order to increase potential guest knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- Conduct pre- and post-event meetings to ensure quality guest experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Have at least three years experience in banqueting, catering and/or food service.
- Have or able to acquire a food handler certification.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
- Assist in Special event room set up
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working in a kitchen environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working outside in all weather
- Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
- Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs