This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually. The Security is primarily responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all YMCA guests, staff and property. General repairs including minor plumbing, heating, electrical, water and carpentry in public areas and private accommodations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Work Wednesday thru Sunday night 7:00 pm to 3:00 am
- Complete electronic daily activity report and other appropriate forms, as necessary.
- Knowledge of computers for maintaining records and providing general correspondence including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Patrol and deal with situations in staff housing.
- Patrol and secure grounds at Camp Chief Ouray.
- Observe safety and fire violations and handle accordingly.
- Record pool chemical levels.
- Perform cabin and lodge checks.
- Make proper notifications and/or investigate incidents that occur such as theft or public intoxication.
- Possess sensitivity and genuine concern for others to successfully handle the needs of guests and staff while being friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Possess good judgment skills, initiative, and handle stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
- Possess good hearing, speaking, vision, and walking ability to adequately deal with guests and monitor YMCA property.
- Maintain a positive relationship with support agencies (fire, law enforcement, medical, Division of Wildlife, animal control) and communicate with these agencies in a professional manner.
- If living on site will be on call at least one night a week.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Security training and/or experience preferred.
- Uphold a positive attitude towards serving guests at all times.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Experience with general maintenance including minor plumbing, heating, electrical and carpentry preferred.
- Perform scheduled inspections of lift safety equipment, exit lights, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Must maintain integrity in the use of YMCA key systems.
- Working knowledge of law enforcement as it pertains to YMCA.
- Knowledge and enforcement of all policies in regards to guests and staff
- Ensure that all doors and windows in public buildings are secure after facilities close.
- Responsible for patrolling YMCA property on foot and with the use of security vehicle while using scanner to record activity.
- Responsible for general up-keep of security vehicle.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to move in and out of vehicles up to 100 times per shift.
- Ability to walk up and down a minimum of 12 flights of stairs per shift.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per shift.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 40 pounds required.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs