Utilities ManagerSnow Mountain Ranch – Granby, CO
Salary Range: $64,109.00 - $76,128.00
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch), which operates a mission-based family and group conference, retreat center, and residential camp, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Utilities Manager is primarily responsible for the management, operation, and maintenance of Snow Mountain Ranches’ water and wastewater treatment facilities within the regulations of the Colorado Department of Health (CDH) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They will maintain, repair, and install the water distribution system, the wastewater collection system, and the power system. This is a hands-on position with very little time spent at a desk.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. YMCA of the Rockies staff are key players in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact on our breathtaking properties outside Rocky Mountain National Park. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. The work each staff member does matters. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Possess State of Colorado Certifications for Water Class C, Wastewater Class D, Distribution Class 1, and Collections Class 1 and ability to utilize and apply this knowledge.
- Able to work in a variety of environments, including deskwork, -40-degree temperatures and eight-foot ditches.
- Ability to safely operate hand and power tools and know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to thoroughly complete each job task.
- Ability to work from blueprints and rough sketches and produce sketches and plans for utility work, along with mapping of existing and new utilities.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Strong working knowledge of computers for maintaining records and providing general correspondence. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Ability to responsibly purchase parts for repair of equipment.
- Supervise employees and projects.
- Must have reliable personal transportation capable of traveling in severe weather conditions.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Hand dig with shovels, picks, digging bars to expose located utilities, access underground vaults and pedestals, and trenches.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in both water and wastewater treatment.
- Daily monitoring of all water and wastewater treatment facilities such as, water usage, chlorine residuals, wastewater levels, etc.
- Backflow certification preferred.
- Bimonthly collection of bacteriological water samples for the CDH and EPA.
- Perform and record daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Maintain and service all equipment following manufactures recommendations.
- Monthly submission of discharge monitoring reports as required by the wastewater discharge permit.
- Monthly sampling of the groundwater monitoring wells surrounding the land application site as required by permit.
- Submission of annual report on wastewater treatment facilities for the CDH and EPA.
- Maintain, repair and install the water distribution system and the wastewater collection system.
- Maintain fire hydrants
- Ability to perform all utility locates.
- Manage seasonal operation of the land application site.
- Other sampling such as, inorganics & sodium, volatile organic chemicals, particulate analysis, radioactivity, etc.
- Communicate with coworkers and supervisor to ensure a quality product and timely completion of products.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects and work time in the most efficient way possible.
- Requisition parts, materials and tools necessary to perform the tasks assigned.
- Recommend repairs and improvements needed and communicate these projects to the Building and Grounds Director for planning purposes.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility back up and running.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department in other areas as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Monitor and report swimming pool chemicals and temperature daily.
- Ability to complete basic plumbing, electrical, and HVAC repair and installation.
- Demonstrate competent working knowledge of SCADA Systems.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department in other areas of general maintenance as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- If living on the property, will be on-call at least one night each week.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Attend required abuse risk management training and report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism is required.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environment
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 75 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head. Work in utility trenches and digs.
- Ability to independently work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces and attics.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here