Guest Registration/Night Audit Relief ManagerEstes Park Center – Estes Park, CO
Salary Range: $18.00 - $21.30
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Work independently and remain alert between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, up to five nights a week, including weekends and holidays.
- Have initiative and good judgment in resolving problems, addressing emergencies, and contacting support resources when appropriate.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Review and reconcile daily financial transactions.
- Use Property Management Software to run reports and assist guests as needed.
- Supervise, interview, hire, train and schedule up to 10 domestic and international staff per shift.
- Review time and accuracy for the payroll of Guest Registration staff.
- Assist with switchboard emergencies and other major concerns involving guests and employees that arise.
- Perform nightly closing responsibilities including reconciliation of monies.
- Assist with charges and billing when necessary
- Refine and develop ways to improve upon Guest Registration operating procedures.
- Update spreadsheets and logs associated with night audit.
- Ensure guest requests and concerns are addressed and done so in a timely fashion.
- One year of relevant Night Auditor or Accounting experience preferred.
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Comfortable handling conflict
- Must have basic computer skills and willingness to learn the software.
- Strong interest in and active support of the Association’s international training program.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work well with frequent interruptions in a busy environment.
- Lift, move and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to be able to move around frequently during shift.
- Ability to be stationary at times for up to 2+ hours.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting here