Elevate Gap Program - Spring 2024Estes Park Center – Estes Park, CO
Salary Range: $13.65 - $13.65
2024 Elevate Program
Spring Dates: February 26 – June 14, 2024
Fall Dates: TBD
Spring Elevate Fees: $250
The Elevate Program at YMCA of the Rockies provides young adults (ages 18 - 23 years old) with a variety of experiences. Participants strengthen their relationship with nature and deepen their self-understanding while gaining valuable experience in the Hospitality industry in either Food Service or Housekeeping. This is accomplished through adventures in the outdoors, meaningful community service, and a curriculum centered on introspection. All of this takes place on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park. Join our community at YMCA of the Rockies for an experience in a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and supportive work environment where lifelong friendships are made and lives are changed.
The Elevate Gap Program offers a backpacking trip, an out-of-state road trip, and a mulit-day end-of-semester trip.
(The destination of the trips may be subject to change. *)
Outside of these trips, you will experience one Elevate day per week that will include hiking, snowshoeing, rock climbing, outdoor education, community service opportunities, and self-development courses. All Elevate participants will have the opportunity to gain free certifications in Wilderness First-Aid, Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid.
ELEVATE PARTICIPANT COMPENSATION:
- This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 32 hours/week) position, paying $13.65 per hour with a $160.00 per week deduction for room and board.
- All participants will be assigned to either Food Service or Housekeeping.
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, seven days a week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and a Craft and Design Center.
- Free ski passes to check out.
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor recreation.
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips.
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
- Paid seasonal employment, rotating through Guest Service focused departments (Food Service and Housekeeping)
- Recreational opportunities (both scheduled and informal) to explore Rocky Mountain National Park and our stunning locale
- Opportunities for deeper reflection and relationship-building
- Service opportunities through impactful organizations
- A multi-day trip
- Regularly-scheduled small-group workshops and training sessions on topics of interest
- Opportunities to continue working at the Estes Park Center for up to 4 additional months as seasonal, or pursue a full-time opening with us
ELEVATE participants will emerge with greater self-confidence, self-awareness, and a sense of purpose. Participants will meet people from all over the globe. This is a place where nature inspires and quality time happens naturally. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park will provide moments of tranquility and a greater appreciation for the outdoors. Time management skills and learning to be a team-player will be gained.
Participants will complete the program better prepared to face upcoming challenges such as starting/finishing college, applying for/engaging in employment opportunities, and living independently. They will live and learn as part of an intentional community within our YMCA center.
Our property is bordered on three sides by Rocky Mountain National Park - an outdoor enthusiast's playground.
ELEVATE is group-focused and will develop a close-knit community among participants and leaders. Participants will meet regularly in consistent small groups and will develop bonds of friendship and fellowship.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism is required.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.