Laundry & Inventory Supervisor - Year-Round
Responsible for organizing workloads and assigning personnel to maintain a continual supply of clean linens for the Housekeeping department. Additionally, responsible for maintaining predetermined inventory levels in all cabins and communicating inventory needs to the Assistant Housekeeping Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to learn how to operate heavy duty laundry equipment and to follow all operational and safety procedures. Equipment includes computerized washers and dryers.
- Able to handle heavy loads of linens or chemicals weighing up to 40 pounds when needed.
- Able to handle chemicals used in the Housekeeping department when needed.
- Organize and prioritize laundry workload on a daily basis to assure a continual supply of clean linens.
- Wash kitchen linens and Camp Chief Ouray linens as needed.
- Maintain inventory of dishes and kitchen supplies in all of the cabins so they are stocked to predetermined numbers for each cabin size. Restock as necessary.
- Work with the Assistant Housekeeping Manager to make sure backup supplies of all items in cabin inventories are ordered and available when needed.
- Train and supervise housekeeping employees assisting in the laundry.
- Train, supervise, delegate daily work assignments and assure quality work performance of the Laundry Supervisors
- Assist guests needing linen exchange.
- At all times maintain an adequate supply of needed linens for daily operations.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, at least one year of driving experience & a clean driving record.
- Daily linen exchange for guests.
- Able to give change to guests and staff and to account for laundry cash box.
- Iron and mend curtains or linens as needed.
- Make cabin bundles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Do weekly inventory of paper and cleaning products. Report to the Housekeeping Manager for needed ordering.
- Keep an inventory of commercial laundry chemicals.
- Maintain an inventory of spare linens on hand.
- Report in a timely manner any maintenance issues in either the commercial or coin laundry.
- Pull, count and record coin laundry revenue.
- Monitor the quality and condition of the linens/bedspreads on hand.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $15/hr BOE with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time