Laundry Manager - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Laundry Manager is primarily responsible for operating the Industrial Laundry by efficiently and effectively scheduling, motivating, and training staff. Additionally, the Laundry Manager works with the Housekeeping Director to purchase supplies according to a budget, ensure that machinery is operated correctly and safely, and manage inventory and condition of linens.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Flexibility to work both AM and PM shifts.
- One year of supervisor experience
- Must be able to converse, read, write and type in English; Must possess adequate computer skills
- Schedules, assigns, motivates, sets performance standards, and evaluates the performance of full-time laundry staff
- Plans, prioritizes and oversees daily laundry operations
- Assists in the purchases of supplies and equipment within a budget by using efficient buying methods
- Ensures all machinery, chemicals and vehicles are properly operated and maintained
- Ensures safe practices and procedures are followed for chemicals, biohazards, and machinery
- Coordinates with the Housekeeping Manager and Janitorial Manager on projects and stocking needs
- Ensures that lodge supply closets are stocked, and Housekeepers are supplied with linens and cleaning rags
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Reports to Housekeeping Director on the progress of projects and needs of the Industrial Laundry
- Bilingual skill preferred
- One year of supervisor experience
- One year of experience in an Industrial Laundry
- One year of Management experience in the hospitality industry
- Purchasing and inventory management experience
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must possess the physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods throughout the workday
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday
- Must possess the physical stamina to work in a warm/hot environment throughout the workday
- Must possess the physical strength to lift to 40lbs repeatedly throughout the workday
- Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast-paced environment
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.