Job Title: Laundry Supervisor Status: Non-exempt Revision Date: 10/2020
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Leadership Level: Team Leader
Key leader within 20 to 75-person Housekeeping Department. Responsible for organizing workloads and assigning personnel to maintain a continual supply of clean linens for the Housekeeping Department. Serve as Crew Leader or a member of Housekeeping Crew when necessary. In addition, this role takes department leadership responsibility in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $14.00-$16.00/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
1. Oversee commercial laundry responsibilities, following all operational and safety procedures. Will be exposed to common laundry chemicals.
2. Organize and prioritize laundry workload on a daily basis to assure a continual supply of clean linens.
3. Train and supervise Housekeeping staff assisting in laundry.
4. Oversight and assurance of cleanliness and upkeep of large guest laundry facility.
5. Report in a timely manner any maintenance issues that arise in the commercial or guest laundry.
6. Oversight of linen exchange.
7. Conduct inventory and provide inventory control of lodging and laundry supplies.
8. Assume a leadership role in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager and/or Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
9. Will be expected to step in and serve as Linen Van Driver, Crew Leader or a member of a Housekeeping crew during times of lean staffing levels.
10. Must be highly motivated, energetic, and effective to lead others and to develop subordinates.
11. Must be extremely organized and able to meet deadlines.
12. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
13. Able to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
1. Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays and occasionally evenings.
2. Possess a valid USA driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate YMCA vehicles.
3. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
4. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
5. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
6. Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles freely.
7. Ability to spend large portion of the day walking, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 40 pounds (laundry bags/supplies/and miscellaneous items.)
8. Possess high energy for full schedule. Ability to work at nearly 9000-foot elevation with basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
9. Support and uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs, and reflect YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
10. Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually fairly high.
* Ability to climb stairs and frequently get up and down from the desk.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.