Do you communicate well?
Are you able to react quickly in high-pressure situations?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we may be the place to grow your career and personal life?
The YMCA of the Rockies is looking for responsible individuals to join our Programs team as Lifeguards at our pool. We will train/certify those needing certification. Upon arrival, you must be able to demonstrate that you are a strong swimmer.
Are you able to meet the following Lifeguard requirements?
- Must be at least 16 years old and living off-grounds
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to direct and supervise others with professionalism and respect
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
Do you possess the ability to demonstrate the following?
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
This is a part time, off grounds position paying $12 an hour..
What we offer our Lifeguard Staff:
- One buffet-style meal per 5 hour shift worked
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Free ski passes to check out Winter Park Resort, Steamboat Springs, Copper Mountain, and Ski Granby Ranch
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- And much, much more
The YMCA of the Rockies has a strict policy for drug and alcohol on property during your employment.
CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW TO START YOUR CAREER PATH WITH THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES TODAY!