SEASONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Lifeguard
Employee Classification: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Pool Supervisor, Aquatics Director & Program Director
Position Summary: Safe staffing of the swimming pool and other program facilities and functions as assigned.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Certification in Lifeguard Training (American Red Cross) or equivalent, CPR/AED and First Aid; all certifications must be current. Within 30 days of arrival, lifeguard will be able to obtain Emergency Oxygen training.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Able to hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility. Lifeguard candidates must have a minimum hearing threshold of no more than an average of 25-decibel loss in both ears over a range of frequencies.
* Candidates who use hearing aids or other corrective devices for hearing should be able to perform all rescue skills and emergency procedures without interruptions to adjust, retrieve, or install or attach a hearing id or corrective device.
* Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
* Have the physical mobility to properly use aquatic equipment and meet strength and lifting requirements to rescue pool patrons.
* Observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
* Candidates who use corrective eyewear should be able to perform all rescue skills and emergency procedures without interruptions to adjust, clear, or retrieve corrective eyewear.
* Know and implement all safety procedures as necessary.
* Able to work with people of all ages.
* Use a variety of cleaning chemicals and follow proper cleaning procedures to clean facilities.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Previous lifeguarding experience preferred. (EPC/ SMR)
* WSI certification helpful. (EPC/ SMR)
* Work as attendant for other recreation facilities or programs.
* Operate telephone, rescue equipment, pool vac and cleaning equipment.
* Work as attendant for other recreation facilities (gymnasiums) or programs. (EPC/ SMR)
* Canoeing experience helpful. (SMR)
* Provide information to swimmers about safety.
* All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.