Lodge Host/ess - Volunteer
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The basic job function of this position is to greet guest as they arrive to the lodge and assist them with locating their rooms. If guests have questions or concerns, the lodge host is their first point of contact. The lodge host should be able to answer questions and provide suggestions regarding activities both at the YMCA and in the surrounding areas. The lodge host also acts as the "eyes" of the lodge, being the first to report any problems needing immediate attention by Center Services or the Maintenance Department.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
· Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
· Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
· Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
· Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
· Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Lodge Host/Hostess Essential Functions / Requirements:
· Must have excellent customer service skills; friendly, outgoing, and able to provide answers to guests questions
· Must be self-motivated and willing to work alone
· Must be organized and detailed oriented
· Must be familiar with the lodge one has been assigned to; knowing locations of escape routes, fire extinguishers, vending machines, public restrooms, meeting rooms, etc.
· Good understanding of the YMCA & our programs as well as a familiarity with the National Park and town of Estes is a plus, but training in this area can be provided
· Working in guest lodges
· Checking guests in and out and assisting guests during their stay
· Assist guest with obtaining needed items such as toiletries, clean towels, & information regarding the surrounding areas
· Assist guest when locked out of their room
· Help strip rooms of their linens and towels upon guest check out
· Assist the Maintenance Department by promptly reporting and needed repairs
· Help insure that the lodge is kept clean and inviting for our guest
Other Functions / Requirements:
· All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Required Dates: May 20th, 2019-September 10th, 2019
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer