Lodge Host / Hostess Volunteer - (Room & Board Provided!)
Under the direction of the Conference Office, the Lodge Host / Hostess is responsible for the management of a lodge for the comfort and convenience of its guests. To that end he/she must maintain a high standard of cleanliness and service. Circumstances and situations arise that require patience, tolerance, a sense of humor and firmness. She/he is required to make judgment calls and should accept the job as a position not hourly work.
As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season.
- Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April.
- Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to organize work schedule.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have good communication skills with both staff and guests.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Able to stand on your feet for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- Must have a thorough knowledge about YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, including an understanding of weekly programs, activities, facilities, and other guest service requests.
- Ability to read and use property and facility maps.
- Have organizational skills in dealing with unplanned incidents; communicating with the appropriate staff to handle situations that may occur.
- Must be available to work on weekends, as required.
- Be available/accessible to guests and staff during normal business hours.
- Manage facility and guests according to established YMCA of the Rockies systems and procedures.
- Maintain quiet hours (11pm-7am)
- Maintain respect for facility.
- Maintain respect for other guests.
- Be alert and responsive to problems, dangerous actions or situations.
- Use YMCA protocols to respond to such situations.
- Understand when to remove yourself from such situations.
- Keep lodge clean and organized.
- Stock, replenish, and disinfect coffee stations in lodge lobbies.
- Maintain friendly, courteous and cooperative atmosphere toward guests and staff.
- Maintain accurate records of incoming guests, key distribution, lodge property, (pillows, blankets, mattress pads, keys) with appropriate charges for lost or damaged items reported to the Conference Office.
- Set example for 'floating' staff to make fill-in days easier for them.
- Check lodge for clean rooms.
Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this position. This volunteer description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position. For any position a supervisor may assign other duties from time to time which are required to ensure efficient and timely completion of overall Snow Mountain Ranch goals. Teaming within and across departments is expected.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform shirts or vest will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and trousers. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic cafe, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have served at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodge Host / Hostess Volunteer - (Room & Board Provided!)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal