Lodging Operations Staff - Fall 2019 w incentives- (Room and Board Included)
FALL SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVES:
- Work completion bonus of $100 per month (September-May)
- Travel subsidy for housekeeping staff (the Y pays staff's travel)
- Tons of employee perks--free gear rentals, ski passes, access to our facilities and more
Key teammate within 20 to 75-person Department. Along with other members of the Lodging Team - contribute to the success of the team by completing and / or overseeing numerous tasks associated with commercial laundry operations, lodging and cabin cleaning, event set-up (weddings, group events, concerts, etc...), and stocking supplies.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must have the ability to be motivated, energetic, and effective while working with others on 2-12 person teams.
- Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities and be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles freely.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lb. repeatedly within a day.
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- Possess high energy for full schedule. Basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to spend a large portion of the day walking, climbing stairs, lifting up to 40 pounds (laundry bags / supplies / chairs / tables), and completing manual labor.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Complete tasks as directed, often associated with cleaning lodge and cabin areas, folding and sorting laundry, stocking supplies, setting up for events (weddings, conferences, etc...), and maintaining departmental equipment and spaces.
- Be able to obtain YMCA van driver's license is preferred.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $5.75 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with additional employee benefits including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Seasonal