YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Title: Volunteer Lost and Found Coordinator Status: Volunteer
Employee Classification: Volunteer
Leadership Position: Volunteer
Reports to: Housekeeping Office Manager Revision Date: 08/2020
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
This position supports the of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,00 guests annually. The Volunteer Lost and Found Coordinator is primarily responsible for acquisition, organization, and return of lost and found items for guests and staff. Additionally, the Volunteer Lost and Found Coordinator responds to inquiries via phone and email from guests and staff regarding lost and found items. Coordinates with staff in multiple departments to ensure items are properly labelled and stored as well as making sure all items are processed in an expedient manner.
Position Start Date: ASAP
Our Mission and Culture:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rule to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess physical stamina to work in the environment described herein.
* Must be able to converse, read, write, and type in English.
* Must possess basic computer skills
* Responds to inquiries from guests and staff via telephone or email
* Actively pursues acquisition of items, working with other departments and guests
* Actively coordinates with other departments regarding lost and found procedures and best practices
* Actively tracks and monitors items in lost and found
* Coordinates shipping and pick up of claimed items
* Keeps lost and found items for required amount of time and purges expired items in a timely fashion
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Customer/guest service experience
* High initiative and organization
* Able to use Microsoft Suite and a POS software
* All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of the job.
* Must possess physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day
* Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday
* Must be able to get in and out of a vehicle repeatedly and walk up and down steps
* Must possess physical stamina to work in a warm/hot or cold environment throughout the day
* Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday
* Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.