POSITION SUMMARY: Maintenance staff will repair minor problems on grounds in public areas and private accommodations. Workers will assist year-round staff and follow their instructions.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. up to 48 off the ground.
- Work on your feet and knees for an eight-hour shift, inside and outside, sometimes in extreme conditions.
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and work on roofs.
- Shovel snow from walks, porches, stairs and roofs (primarily October to April).
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Assist year-round employees and follow their instructions on projects.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Learn to repair minor problems in facilities including changing light bulbs, install screens and unclog toilets.
- Unclogging toilets includes hand-auguring a toilet up to 5 times in an 8-hour shift.
- Pick up trash on assigned route and dispose of properly.
- Up to 100 bags per 8-hour shift
- Bags may way up to 50 lbs. but most will be under 25.
- Bags must be lifted into a flatbed pickup truck and then lifted out of the truck or tossed into a trash compactor.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Work Night Maintenance shift when needed.
- Assist wherever needed, may include basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, landscaping and cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.