Responsible for the upkeep and repair of heating and plumbing facilities associated with operation at Snow Mountain Ranch. Responds to guest and staff needs by performing a variety of tasks related to all aspects of repair and maintenance to existing facilities.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Have a high school diploma.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Communicate with the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds, Building Foreman, and coworkers for job tasks, assignments, challenges, and cost control.
- Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions
- Experience with plumbing, heating and electrical repairs
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair plumbing, heating and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, kitchen equipment, and utilities
- Working knowledge of residential type HVAC (forced air, boiler systems)
- Repair locks, windows, tables, chairs, beds, lamps, etc...
- Perform maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to; un-clogging sewers, drains and traps, flush valves, toilets, light pilots on stoves, furnaces and water heaters
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational
- Possess excellent public relations skills with vendors, co-workers, members & guests.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc
- Ability to accurately enter data in the computerized work order and inventory systems.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standard
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $15-$18.50/hr based on experience, with full benefits including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Generous vacation/PTO
- Participation in the YMCA retirement Plan (The Y contributes 12% of your salary. Yes, you read that correctly! On top of your regular salary, we will contribute an additional 12% into your retirement fund.)
- Family membership, which gives you access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.