Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Snow Mountain Ranch Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round Revision Date: 03/2020
Reports to: Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually. The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the upkeep and repair of facilities associated with the operations at Snow Mountain Ranch. Responds to guest and staff needs by performing a variety of tasks related to all aspects of repair and maintenance to existing facilities.
Hourly Pay Range: $17.00/hour-$18.75/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work
* Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
* Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work and ensure seasonal/volunteer staff follow the same procedures.
* Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
* Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
* Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
* Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions
* Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
* Communicate with the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds and coworkers for job tasks, assignments, challenges, and cost control.
* Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational
* Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc
* Ability to accurately enter data in the computerized work order and inventory systems.
* Ability to effectively schedule seasonal/volunteer staff for adequate coverage
* Provide disciplinary action as needed
* Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
* Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
* Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
* Have a high school diploma.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
* Repair or remodel construction work as assigned
* Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
* Experience with drywall installation and repair
* Experience with interior and exterior painting
* Experience with general carpentry
* Experience with general plumbing, heating and electrical repairs
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair plumbing, heating and electrical equipment.
* Working knowledge of residential type HVAC (forced air, boiler systems)
* Repair locks, windows, tables, chairs, beds, lamps, etc...
* Perform maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to; un-clogging sewers, drains and traps, flush valves, toilets, light pilots on stoves, furnaces and water heaters
* Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
* Work in noisy environment
* Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds required.
* Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $15 - $17 per hour, with full benefits, including:
* Private Housing
* Health, dental and life insurance
* Generous Vacation/PTO
* Participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund
o An additional 12% of your salary contributed by the YMCA
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which includes: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, tennis courts, mini-golf, disc golf, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
* Grand Passes for skiing, golfing, and mountain biking
* To view the full list of employee perks, click on the, "View Our Work Perks" tab under the Year-Round section on our Career Site
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.