Marketing and Communications Director
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Develop and implement mission-based advertising, promotional, and public relations plans for the Association, using defined position statements for each center, with goal of maximizing overnight lodging occupancies and revenues
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
- Develop and maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at both Centers and Camp Chief Ouray
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule, provide professional development opportunities for and evaluate Marketing and Communications staff
- Oversee and coordinate branding efforts and brand compliance with each of the Center Brand Managers
- Provide guidance and direction to the Association in all crisis communication matters, ensuring reputational and brand management
- Coordinate, manage, and enrich relationships with vendors, including but not limited to Graphics Designers, Public Relations, Website design/hosting, and Internet Advertising companies
- Provide tools and opportunities for self and team members to further develop skills essential to success
- Effectively communicate in English using written and spoken word on a variety of platforms including email, telephone, blogs, media statements, and social media platforms
- Use a variety of office equipment, including desk phone, ‘smartphone’, computers, printers and scanners and use a variety of computer software and platforms to support marketing activities
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Prefer 5-7 years of previous and contemporary destination marketing experience
- Experience in crisis communication and media training
- Strong writing skills and/or published pieces
- Must support and model the Association service principles and service standards
- Must possess strong organizational skills to keep large amounts of information accurate along with strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical thinking skills
- Possess and share innovative and creative thinking and ideas
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time while on the phone or working at a computer workstation.
- Ability to regularly travel overnight as required by demands of the position.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure in mentally demanding environment.