Marketing/Communications Intern - Seasonal
The Marketing and Communications Intern is responsible for assisting the implementation of the YMCA of the Rockies' mission-based marketing plan.
- Have or be working towards a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or other related field
- Have experience in copy-writing and editing for a variety of media platforms
- Possess basic knowledge and use of graphic design/photo editing software
- Have experience/knowledge of social media marketing management and campaigns
- Have experience with website content management systems
- Be able to successfully integrate content from web, video, photography and print
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complicated, challenging environment
- Want to work as part of a team
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Have demonstrated, through course work or professional/internship, the ability to meet deadlines
- Be an outwardly enthusiastic and caring person who demonstrates a sincere appreciation of others
- Possess a high level of interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate an eagerness to grow and to learn in a professional environment
- Be able to lift and move boxes up to 40 lbs
- Submit a resume and portfolio website or other method for showing examples of work
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel
The YMCA of the Rockies Marketing & Communications team is a multi-faceted team that may sometimes require members to complete projects where they have little or no experience. Therefore, it is vital that the Marketing and Communications Intern be willing to take on such projects and also do basic office work. We cannot stress enough how important it is for this intern be willing to learn and grow.
- Assist in writing and editing creative content for new releases, web, blog and social content
- Have experience and basic knowledge of photography and video creation and editing
- Assist Marketing Department with public relations, including coordinating media visits and writing and distributing news releases
- Work with strategic partners including web developers and graphic designers to complete tasks
- Execute assigned projects in a timely manner and express creativity to pitch new ideas to the team
- Consistently demonstrating the core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith
- Embracing the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies and using that mission as a lens through which all work is viewed
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Support the association safety program
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- School Credit (Based on mutual acceptance of your school's internship requirements)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and facility)
- 20% discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of the Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. JOIN US!
Please call our HR office at 970.586.3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must be 21+ to become an approved driver.
- In order for an employee to drive a YMCA vehicle on AND off grounds - sometimes with passengers (other staff/guests) they need 3 years of driving experience and MUST be 21 years old or older.
Job Status: Internship