Job Title: Membership & Philanthropy Database Manger Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 4/2021
Reports to: VP of Philanthropy
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Membership & Philanthropy Database Manger is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of the department’s donor information systems; membership coordination; and leading part-time staff and in-office volunteer efforts. This position also includes some administrative functions and daily office activities for the Philanthropy Department.
Salary Range: $38,000-$44,000
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Expertly manage the Philanthropy donor database software (Raiser’s Edge) by both maintaining and updating all electronic and paper donor records.
* Produce all gift acknowledgments including receipts, thank you letters and pledge forms.
* Extract information and export data to and from various software applications as needed.
* Lead data quality, data extraction, donor research and analytics efforts.
* Guide philanthropy colleagues in understanding data for appropriate donor cultivation and stewardship.
* Produce weekly visitation lists for Development staff through a combination of computerized property management software (Maestro), Raiser’s Edge and wealth indicator reports.
* Manage all administrative processes related to the cabin donor program including contracts, cabin gift entry and acknowledgement and reservation mailings.
* Ensure part-time team members and in office volunteers have meaningful work.
* Oversee membership program, including, but not limited to promotion, communication with members and membership checks against the National Sex Offender Registry in conjunction with the Philanthropy Assistant
* Collaborate with philanthropy and other colleagues on donor and membership stewardship efforts
* Oversee all State fundraising registration process for solicitation and provide all requested documentation through coordination with Affinity Fundraising
* Complete annual updates for charity reporting agencies - BBB, Charity Navigator & Guidestar/Candid
* Reconcile all membership and gifts with Accounting department each month
* Manage website for donations and memberships in conjunction with the Philanthropy Assistant
* Code philanthropy expenses for approval by VP of Philanthropy
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in an office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines with all types of people and personalities.
* Knowledge and understanding of databases, queries, imports, exports, and mail merges. Raisers Edge experience is a plus.
* Extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* Ability to communicate clearly, visually and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English.
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Proficient and accurate computer, filing, and organizational skills along with outstanding telephone etiquette.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions along with being a resourceful team player.
* Unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all professional matters, especially donor communications and private information.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Able to work a flexible schedule and can include weekends, evenings and holidays. Some remote work allowable in this position.
* All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work at a desk for extended periods of time
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.