Membership and Philanthropy Database Manager
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Expertly manage the Philanthropy donor database software (Raiser’s Edge) by both maintaining and updating all electronic and paper donor records.
- Produce all gift acknowledgments including receipts, thank you letters and pledge forms.
- Extract information and export data to and from various software applications as needed.
- Lead data quality, data extraction, donor research and analytics efforts.
- Guide philanthropy colleagues in understanding data for appropriate donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Produce weekly visitation lists for Development staff through a combination of computerized property management software (Maestro), Raiser’s Edge and wealth indicator reports.
- Manage all administrative processes related to the cabin donor program including contracts, cabin gift entry and acknowledgement and reservation mailings.
- Ensure part-time team members and in office volunteers have meaningful work.
- Oversee membership program, including, but not limited to promotion, communication with members and membership checks against the National Sex Offender Registry in conjunction with the Philanthropy Assistant
- Collaborate with philanthropy and other colleagues on donor and membership stewardship efforts
- Oversee all State fundraising registration process for solicitation and provide all requested documentation through coordination with Affinity Fundraising
- Complete annual updates for charity reporting agencies – BBB, Charity Navigator & GuideStar/Candid
- Reconcile all membership and gifts with Accounting department each month
- Manage website for donations and memberships in conjunction with the Philanthropy Assistant
- Code philanthropy expenses for approval by Director of Philanthropy
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in an office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines with all types of people and personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of databases, queries, imports, exports, and mail merges. Raisers Edge experience is a plus.
- Extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly, visually and orally and be fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Proficient and accurate computer, filing, and organizational skills along with outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions along with being a resourceful team player.
- Unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all professional matters, especially donor communications and private information.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and can include weekends, evenings and holidays. Some remote work allowable in this position.
- All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work at a desk for extended periods of time
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski passes to nearby resorts
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs