MIDDLE PARK HIGH SCHOOL INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Middle Park High School Internship
Employee Classification: Non-paid Intern
Reports To: Department Manager/Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: No Date: September 2021
This YMCA of the Rockies Internship Program will provide opportunities for you to apply 21st-century skills in a career field and industry that you would like to pursue after graduation.? An academic internship and/or job shadow is a form of first-hand learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with relevant application and skill development that reflects the expectations in a changing world.
- Learn why the YMCA of the Rockies is a premier family vacation destination and its mission.
- Gain an understanding of the department’s integral role of fulfilling the Y’s mission.
- Learn what the department’s main purpose and role is in order to successfully serve the Y’s guests.
- Learn department organization, policy, procedures and services.
- Learn the main functions of the department.
- Learn the individual roles of department staff
- Learn how and why Team Collaboration makes for department success.
- Shadow, learn and practice essential job skills.
YMCA of the Rockies Departments for opportunities of learning:
- Guest Services
- Conference Services
- Group Sales
- Human Resources
- Accounting/Payroll/Employee Benefits
- Programs: Recreation and Retail
- Buildings and Grounds: maintenance, auto, carpentry
- Food Service: Culinary
- Housekeeping and laundry: administration, work teams
- Information Technology
- Possess good customer service skills; must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
- Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality?
- Communicate clearly, visually, orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
- Must lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.?This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- All other duties as assigned
We have a?strict?policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email@example.com.