Job Title: Network Infrastructure Engineer - EXO Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 9/2021
Reports to: IT Director
Location: Remote Eligible
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Network Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, deploying, and securing the network of YMCA of the Rockies. The Network Infrastructure Engineer will focus on managing and enhancing the Association’s network, security landscape, Wi-Fi infrastructure, and business continuity.
Salary Pay Range: $62,000/year-$71,000/year
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Assist in performing installations, upgrades and maintenance of the internal networks, communication systems and Internet connections.
* In conjunction with the IT Director, design, deploy, document and maintain a network architecture plan that enhances security and enables more effective connectivity across the LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi Voice and Video systems.
* Develop, implement, and maintain a holistic business continuity plan that builds redundancies, implements an off-site back-up strategy, and enables the Association to mitigate against threats and unexpected outages.
* In conjunction with the IT Director, create, deploy, and continually enhance the Association’s Wi-Fi infrastructure to allow for reliable and stable connectivity for guests and staff.
* In conjunction with other IT team members, deploy and maintain security measures across the network and technology infrastructure including network monitoring, firewall management, and other security measures.
* Evaluate network and communication systems requirements to help standardize infrastructure equipment to allow for more effective ongoing maintenance, security, and user-experience.
* Troubleshoot, mitigate and resolve network and communication systems problems, outages and incidents.
* Develop, communicate, and implement all necessary IT policies related to the Association’s network, infrastructure, security, and business continuity.
* Implement network, infrastructure, and security changes in support of other technology-related enhancements or other Association-wide projects.
* Communicate effectively with managers and users of corporate systems. Communication must be provided in areas such as planned outages, notification of outages, impacting updates/upgrades, implementation, timelines, policies, etc.
* Recommend changes that could improve the professionalism and efficiency of IT resources.
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 7 years of relevant network, infrastructure, and security architecture experience required.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology field with extensive experience managing and enhancing complex network and infrastructure environments across multiple locations.
* Industry certifications and extensive training preferred.
* Strong proficiency in configuring, deploying and troubleshooting network services such as TCP/IP, VPNs, HTTP/S, DNS, VLANs, ACLs, Routing and Switching.
* Must be available on-call for after-hours IT emergencies and planned system upgrades/replacements.
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the environment described herein.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder and work in tight spaces.
* Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.