Job Title: Night Auditor - Snow Mountain Ranch Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 9/2021
Reports to: Center Controller
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 people annually. The Night Auditor is primarily responsible for daily computation and validation of revenue and statistics, providing guest services between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, such as answering the switchboard and checking-in late arrivals, and providing appropriate direction for service requests and emergencies.
Hourly Pay Range: $18.00/hour-$19.50/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Operate Maestro Property Management System and associated credit card batching functionality as part of the overall night audit process
* Apply good accounting principles in reviewing and reconciling daily financial transactions which include tasks such as counting operational cash, finalizing bank deposits and running end-of-day reports
* Accurately communicate in verbal and written forms, including the appropriate completion of emergency and incident reports, service logs and emails to management regarding concerns and significant events that occurred during the shift.
* Operational knowledge of two-way radios and the switchboard, including correct telephone etiquette and processing guest and staff requests
* Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders/guests and all departments providing service to them
* Be able to explain contract details and billing to guests and group leaders
* Appropriate and timely handling of emergencies
* Review and understand computer-generated reports and able to update Excel spreadsheets and logs.
* Operate office printing and postage equipment
* Complete month-end and year-end auditing process
* One or more years of relevant college level education or at least one year of relevant (Night Auditor, Hospitality or Accounting) experience.
* Able to work alone and remain alert between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, at least five nights a week, including weekends and holidays.
* Reliable attendance. This position is difficult to fill on short notice. The employee must have consistent good attendance and provide advanced notice as much as possible for time off. The employee must regularly arrive on time for their shift.
* Able to use good initiative and good judgement in resolving problems, addressing emergencies and contacting support resources when appropriate.
* Able to speak, understand and write English proficiently.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work in a shared office environment.
* Comfortable working alone in a large building overnight.
* Able to remain calm and use good judgement during stressful events, such as medical emergencies and to summon/coordinate appropriate resources when needed.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.