Job Title: Security Officer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 07/2018
Reports to: Security Supervisor
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually.
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring public safety at the Estes Park Center facility.
Pay Range: $14.00-15.00
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Monitors all activities, buildings and grounds of the Estes Park Center facility for public safety, policy compliance and function of emergency systems.
* Inspects and makes minor repairs to the emergency systems in all lodges and support facilities at least once per shift.
* Secures all unoccupied buildings each evening.
* Assists all guests and staff who are in need of assistance and provides escorts to facilities for guests who request it.
* Assists the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
* Responds with the Estes Park Center fire brigade in fire or evacuation emergencies.
* Completes an activity report and all other appropriate paperwork each shift.
* Responds to emergency situations in a safe, timely and professional manner.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Minimum of a high school diploma and job experience in some maintenance field.
* Security training and/or experience preferred, but not required.
* Possess good judgment skills, initiative, and handle stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
* Knowledge of Estes Park Center facility, in order to assist with response to emergency situations, preferred, but not required.
* Experience with emergency service in any area (law enforcement, fire, and medical), preferred, but not required.
* Knowledge of minor general maintenance problems and repairs preferred, but not required.
* Experience with risk management and/or safety programs preferred, but not required.
* Have excellent public relations and time management skills.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
* Be in and out of vehicles up to 100 times per shift.
* Be able to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds up to four feet off the ground.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.