Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all YMCA guests, staff and property. General repairs including minor plumbing, heating, electrical, water and carpentry in public areas and private accommodations.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to move in and out of vehicles up to 100 times per shift.
- Ability to walk up and down a minimum of 12 flights of stairs per shift.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per shift.
- Ability to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Security training and/or experience preferred.
- Possess sensitivity and genuine concern for others to successfully handle the needs of guests and staff.
- Possess good judgment skills, initiative, and handle stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
- Possess good hearing, speaking, vision, and walking ability to adequately deal with guests and monitor YMCA property.
- Maintain a positive relationship with area support agencies (fire, law enforcement, medical, division of Wildlife, animal control) and communicate with these agencies in a professional manner.
- May need to cover shift of full time security on requested days off. Must be flexible.
- Complete electronic daily activity report and other appropriate forms, as necessary.
- Uphold a positive attitude towards serving guests at all times.
- Experience with general maintenance including minor plumbing, heating, electrical and carpentry preferred.
- Check fire extinguishers quarterly.
- Ensure that all doors and windows in public buildings are secure after facilities close.
- Patrol and deal with situations in staff housing. Help staff with lockouts.
- Patrol and secure grounds at Camp Chief Ouray during the summer.
- Inspect fire-pits during the summer.
- Record pool chemical levels.
- Perform cabin and lodge checks.
- Use security scanner to record activities.
- Working knowledge of law enforcement as it pertains to YMCA.
- Knowledge and enforcement of all policies in regards to guests and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Make proper notifications and/or investigate incidents that occur such as theft or public intoxication.
- Must keep accurate records
- Normal work schedule is two nights per week. (Monday & Tuesday 5:00 pm to 1:00 am)
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- Responsible for patrolling YMCA property with the use of security vehicle.
- Responsible for general up-keep of security vehicle.
- Maintain integrity in the use of YMCA keys.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
UNIFORM: A staff vest or shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee from May to August and December to April. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Work boots or hiking boots recommended. No open toed shoes. Long work pants/jeans. No shorts.
This is a part-time hourly position (Monday and Tuesday 5:00 pm to 1:00 am), $12.00 per hour plus employee perks including:
- 1 meal per 5 hour or longer shift
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.