Job Title: Nordic Center Director Status: Exempt;
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited; Revision Date: 8/2018
Reports to: Program Director
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Nordic Director is
responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of the Nordic Center, including year-round trail development and maintenance, and coordinating year-round special events, and outdoor trail programming.
Salary: $45,000-$52,000 - housing is negotiable
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Manage and maintain all aspects of winter Nordic rental and retail operation and summer mountain bike rental and retail.
* Manage all aspects of the 30+ Snow Mountain Ranch Nordic/trail special events and races.
* Develop and implement Nordic and bike programming to reach a variety of guests
* Manage and develop YMCA trail system on a year-round basis: Including ongoing maintenance and new trail development within the association’s long range plan.
* Manage Nordic, Adventure shop and special events budget.
* Hire, supervise, schedule, train and evaluate staff and volunteers.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Minimum of two seasons experience managing a Nordic facility or comparable management background.
* Previous experience as a Nordic instructor or trainer.
* Working knowledge of skiing techniques, trail management, Nordic equipment, retail operations and teaching for all ages and abilities.
* Must maintain current First-aid and CPR certifications.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* ??This job involves being able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather and participating in all of our recreational activities.
* Ability to work in the outdoors in extreme conditions such as cold, ice, snow and wind.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.