Nordic Center Staff
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Nordic Center Staff member you will be an integral member of the Nordic Center team which conducts the daily operations of SMR's Nordic Center. Our award winning center offers over 100kms of groomed ski trails and provides guest a world class Nordic experience in the heart of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Duties include opening and closing the Center, fitting and recording ski rentals and sales of equipment, issuing trail passes, ensuring the cleanliness and upkeep of the Center and its immediate surroundings, assisting on race days, answering phones and resolving questions about the trail system.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Required to open the ski shop promptly at 8:00 AM when scheduled and to ensure that there is coverage until the ski shop closes at 5:00 PM.
- Responsible for handling all opening and closing procedures, when scheduled to work in the ski shop.
- Enforce all Nordic Center policies throughout work-shift.
- Adhere to assigned work schedules and record accurate time card information.
- Develop knowledge of Nordic Center retail items, rental equipment, and service options available to guests (Requires general product knowledge).
- Provide accurate information to guests regarding the Nordic Center and other Snow Mountain Ranch activities.
- Complete all required paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
- Arrive at Nordic Center prepared for work and with minimal transition time from shop worker to instructor.
- Maintain accurate records of all ski lessons.
- Ensure cleanliness, upkeep, and an excellent presentation of the ski shop environment.
- Learn and execute point of sale operation and retail sales procedures.
- Answer the phone promptly, accurately, and with enthusiasm; record all messages for staff accurately and take responsibility for delivery.
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Current Certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrate proficiency as a Nordic skier using both classical and skating techniques.
- Ability to teach beginner to intermediate level students in classical and skate techniques.
- Knowledge of techniques following, but not limited to, the guidelines for USSA Level 100 in addition to the guidelines set in place by the Nordic Center Director or the Assistant Director.
- Practical working knowledge of both classical and skate waxing techniques.
- Ability to offer technique and waxing advice to guests.
- Possess knowledge of the trail system and express a genuine enthusiasm for Nordic skiing.
- Exhibit polite and proper etiquette when dealing with customers, co-workers or other SMR employees.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.