This is a great job for a friendly, physically fit, Nordic (cross-country) skier who knows how to teach, wax skis, and work in a ski shop.
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Current Certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrate proficiency as a Nordic skier using both classical and skating techniques.
- Ability to teach beginner to intermediate level students in classical and skate techniques.
- Knowledge of techniques following, but not limited to, the guidelines for USSA Level 100 in addition to the guidelines set in place by the Nordic Center Director or the Assistant Director.
- Practical working knowledge of both classical and skate waxing techniques.
- Ability to offer technique and waxing advice to guests.
- Possess knowledge of the trail system and express a genuine enthusiasm for Nordic skiing.
- Exhibit polite and proper etiquette when dealing with customers, co-workers or other SMR employees.
- Required to open the ski shop promptly at 8:00 AM when scheduled and to ensure that there is coverage until the ski shop closes at 5:00 PM.
- Responsible for handling all opening and closing procedures, when scheduled to work in the ski shop.
- Enforce all Nordic Center policies throughout work-shift.
- Adhere to assigned work schedules and record accurate time card information.
- Develop knowledge of Nordic Center retail items, rental equipment, and service options available to guests (Requires general product knowledge).
- Provide accurate information to guests regarding the Nordic Center and other Snow Mountain Ranch activities.
- Complete all required paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
- Arrive at Nordic Center prepared for work and with minimal transition time from shop worker to instructor.
- Maintain accurate records of all ski lessons.
- Ensure cleanliness, upkeep, and an excellent presentation of the ski shop environment.
- Learn and execute point of sale operation and retail sales procedures.
- Answer the phone promptly, accurately, and with enthusiasm; record all messages for staff accurately and take responsibility for delivery.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- meet acceptable criminal background check standards
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS?Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.