Nordic Ski School Training Manager
The primary role of the Nordic Ski School Training Manager is to ensure the delivery of an exceptional and memorable experience to all our guests and students. Through a hands-on, highly interactive approach, the TM will utilize their knowledge, skills and experience in the industry to train and mentor our instructional staff on all levels. Integral the overall success of our school, the TM is tasked with optimizing the on-snow guest experience and providing our instructional staff with expert coaching. In collaboration with the Nordic Director, the TM will identify and outline appropriate lesson terrain usage, teaching methods and best guest services practices.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Job Requirements:
- Develop and maintain meaningful rapport with the entire staff to encourage a positive culture.
- Design a consistent and sustainable training program that will help guests develop progressive skills.
- Implementation of a comprehensive Safety Program/ Plan the Nordic Center will adapt and operate under as our standard.
- Development, management, and implementation of a comprehensive training program for Nordic instructional staff. The program will incorporate new and innovative teaching methods used to maximize the quality and depth of our product.
- Assist in the Nordic Center with retail and rental operations as needed.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Current Certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrate proficiency as a Nordic skier using both classical and skating techniques.
- Ability to teach beginner to advanced level students in classical and skate techniques.
- Knowledge of techniques following, but not limited to, the guidelines for USSA Level 100 in addition to the guidelines set in place by the Nordic Center Director or the Assistant Director.
- Practical working knowledge of both classical and skate waxing techniques.
- Ability to offer technique and waxing advice to guests.
- Possess knowledge of the trail system and express a genuine enthusiasm for Nordic skiing.
- Exhibit polite and proper etiquette when dealing with customers, co-workers or other SMR employees. Must be able to lift 25 pounds, work on ladders and in tight spaces.
- Basic understanding of computer systems and networks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.