YMCA of the Rockies - (Estes Park Center)
Job Title: Outdoor Education Instructor Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Employee
Reports to: Outdoor Education Director Revision Date: 9/24/20
Under the direction of the Outdoor Education Director, Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, develop curriculum, perform organization tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in any projects or tasks that better the Outdoor Education Program.
Position Dates: 03/22/2021-06/04/2021
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Participate in Outdoor Education training.
2. Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or similar area of study.
3. Have experience and enjoy working with children.
4. Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with other staff in contributing to the goals of the program
5. Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (approved driver only)
6. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
7. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
8. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
9. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
10. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
11. Possess and maintain certification in CPR and Wilderness First Aid.
12. Be able to carry up to 40 pounds and hike up to 9 miles on uneven terrain each day.
13. Meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a pay rate of $12.50/hour (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room & Board Agreements
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Plan, develop, and implement curriculum and activities to build on the current curriculum.
2. Contribute to a maintained, clean, and organized staff area.
3. Adhere to all weekly scheduled activities and classes.
4. All other duties assigned.